If you are planning to take a family vacation in the coming year, it’s highly recommended that you make Langkawi your goal destination. This will give you ample time to prepare and save enough funds for the trip. Langkawi is an archipelago of more than a hundred beautiful islands in the north-west region of Malaysia. It’s located right within the Andaman Sea, making it one of the best places for families to have fun and enjoy. Here are some of the main reasons why you should definitely go to Langkawi, Malaysia:
- It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, which are the perfect locations for family picnics and gatherings. Everywhere you go in Langkawi, you are always just a walk away from a pristine beach. Some of the most popular beaches in the region are Pantai Tengah, Pantai Kok, Pantai Cenang, Datai Bay, and Burau Bay.
- The region is one of Southeast Asia’s most important UNESCO World Geopark. This distinction was awarded to Langkawi back in 2007. It recognizes the region’s biodiversity and its largely unblemished natural reserves.
- It’s a great place to get up close and personal with mother nature. If your family enjoys exploring nature, then Langkawi is the destination for you. There are a lot of nature adventures that you can engage in; like hiking, bird watching, caving, scuba diving, snorkeling, and fishing. You definitely should try embarking on a mangrove safari in one of the region’s secluded islands.
- It’s the perfect setting for cultural immersion. There are numerous rural villages in the region wherein the way of life hasn’t been spoiled by modernity. The best way to experience this lifestyle is to interact with the local villagers. To get around on some of the islands, there’s nothing better than doing it on a bicycle. Just rent several bikes, get a guide, and pedal around the countryside with your family.
- The region’s easily accessible since there are direct flights from Singapore to Langkawi. This is one of the reasons why tourism in the region has exploded during the last few years. There are at least three airlines that offer direct flights to Langkawi. These include Silkair, AirAsia, and Tigerair.
In conclusion, Langkawi has all the ingredients for a fun and memorable family vacation. There’s something for everyone. It’s also worth mentioning here that finding accommodations in Langkawi isn’t a problem because of the availability of hotels and inns scattered throughout the archipelago. Some of these lodging places even offer travel packages for families.