It’s no secret that Kota Kinabalu is one of the busiest regions in Malaysia when it comes to tourist arrivals. This is not at all surprising given the diversity of activities that you can do there. Another good reason why tourists flock to the place is its accessibility and the availability of comfy and affordable accommodations. It’s really not that difficult to find a budget hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
Anyway, without further ado, here are some of the destinations you shouldn’t miss if you have plans of visiting Kota Kinabalu anytime soon:
- The Mari Mari Cultural Village – The region is unbelievably rich when it comes to traditions and cultural diversity. This peaceful cultural village will provide you with a glimpse of how traditions in the region evolved through the ages.
- The Sabah Museum – If you want a crash course of Sabah’s ethnicities, history, and cultural environment, this is the place you should visit. It’s just two kilometres away from the city centre.
- The Night Market – A visit to Kota Kinabalu will never be complete without enjoying its famous night market. You can get a taste of the city’s vibe here from the dozens of stalls selling all sorts of things from street food to traditional textiles.
- The Tanjung Aru Beach – If you are looking for a place where you can relax, walk at the beach, swim at sea, or simply listen to the waves, Tanjung Aru would be perfect for you. It’s serene, clean, and really beautiful.
- The Waterfront – This is probably the most popular section of Kota Kinabalu. It’s a classy and sophisticated stretch of land that has everything from food stalls to entertainment stages and malls. You can go shopping, stroll at the baywalk, or go for a food adventure.
If you are looking for a budget hotel Kota Kinabalu, make sure that you include all these places in your itinerary.